This website is provided by the Fondation Internationale pour les défenseurs des droits de l’homme – Secretariat of ProtectDefenders.eu, an international foundation legally registered in Belgium, and is hosted in The Netherlands.
ProtectDefenders.eu is the coordinator of the European Union Temporary Relocation Platform (EUTRP)
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to and to. Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Make public in our website general aspects of your entity as an EUTRP member;
- Make public in our website only for EUTRP members detailed aspects of the work performed by your entity related with temporary relocation;
- Have a better understanding of the work of your entity related with temporary
- Facilitate networking with EUTRP members and other actors working with temporary relocation;
- Communicate with you;
- Providing you with personalized service;
- Operating this website and understanding its use for statistical purposes (number of site visits, average time visitors spend at the site, etc.) and security purposes;
- Managing and processing inquiries from Human Rights Defenders (HRDs) and other interactions with you;
- Providing you with information about services we offer such as newsletters, urgent appeals, reports, publications, etc. and informing you of other relevant activities.
We will not send you such information if you object to receiving it from us or if applicable local law does not permit us to send such information to you.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our users browse and interact with the Site).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do share pert of your Personal Information included in the “Forms” with third parties.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our users use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
It is possible that FIDDH shares your personal information with its Consortium partners and with EUTRP members, which can then use them for their activities related to the mandate of ProtectDefenders.eu and the EUTRP.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts or requests we might have with you (for example if you make a request through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate interests listed above.
Additionally, please note that your information could be eventually transferred outside of Europe, including to the United States, via secured systems.
When you place a form through the Site, we will maintain your information unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
We take appropriate measures to ensure that the information you provide to us is current, accurate and kept in a secure place.
We do our utmost to protect your personal information and can not guarantee that the secure processing of your personal information can never be defeated.
You may view, correct, or request the deletion of any of your information we have collected from you and stored by us by sending your request at the address below.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at EUTRPfirstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
FIDDH – SECRETARIAT OF PROTECTDEFENDERS.EU
RUE DE LA LOI 81A, 1040, Brussels Belgium